This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Town in the Narasapur taluk of Kistna District, Madras, situated in 16° 36' N. and 81° 49' E. Population (1891), 8,382. It has been constituted a Union.