This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts.Many units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Town in the Shorkot tahsil of Jhang Dstrict, Punjab, situated in 30 degree 41' N. and 71 degree 47' E., west of the Chenab. Population (1901), 3,916. The town had in the past close business relations with Bahawalpur, which are now more or less broken off.
The school and dispensary are flourishing institutions. Ahmadpur is administered as a ' notified area.'