This is a collection of newspaper articles selected for the excellence of their content.
By Mofid Tourism Assam
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Baharul Islam (born in 1963) graduated from *National School of Drama,
- Acting.He has acted Almost 60 plays in Different language- Assamese, Hindi and English.
In 1992-93 joined * TARA ART* of London as an Actor for the production of the play HEER RANJHA.The play rehearsed in London and thereafter extensively toured UK and Japan performing 56 shows.
Designed and Directed
more than 30 plays-
- , Jatra,*
- Simar Sipare,*
- Guwahati Guwahati,*
- Court Marshal,*
- Moi premar pinjarat bandi*
Which has performed in different festivals including Bharat Rang Mahotsav, Nandikar, E z c c, Sangeet Natak Academy, Prithvi, Nehru Centre, PDA festivals etc.
Designed and Directed Edward Albee's *WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?* For National School of Drama Repertory Company, New Delhi. (2006)
Designed and directed
a play in Kannada-
- MODOLA GITTI* for NINASAM REPERTORY COMPANY for the year 2003-2004.
- OCTAVE 2006*- a Festival on North East at Pragati Maiden, New Delhi 7th to 14th March 2006, organized by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
Anton Chekhov's play *SEAGULL for RANGAYANA Repertory Company, Mysore in July 2006.
Four Years experience in Mobile Theatre (Bhrayamaman) in Assam as an Actor- Director with different groups-*Bhagyadevi, Kohinoor, Anirvaan* and *Meghdoot*. During the period, Directed 6 plays including *King leer, Oedipus the* *King * etc and performed almost 1200 shows with 16 plays.
- SANKSKRITI SAMMAN* from EKA ABONG KOEKJON publication, Guwahati
And a NATIONAL AWARD
- Monohar Singh Smriti Award* From National School Of Drama Aproved By *Ministryof Culture, Govt. Of India* For His Contribution Towards Theatre In 2005.
Wrote 4 plays- * JATRA, SIMAR SIPARE* (beyond the obvious),* APEKSHA * and *Pana gaor tupat anisha *in Assamese language.
Wrote a book- * AKANTO MONERE* in Assamese on Dramatics in 2005.
Acted in many tele film, Serial and films in different language- Assamese, Hindi and Kannada. Directed 1 feature Film *ASENE KONOBA HIYAT* (2000) in Assamese.
Produced and directed several *IN HOUSE PLAY PRODUCTION* in DDK, Guwahati- COURT MARSHAL. PINJORAR VIDYALAYA, MRICHHAKATIKAM etc… for 15 years.
Worked as chief assistant director in *JIBONOR BATAT*- the 1st Assamese serial, directed by Mridul Gupta.
Directed a short film *RANI GAIDENLEU* (1997) produced by *Girish Karnad on behalf of DDK national as part of SWARAJ NAMA.*
Directed 1 documentary - *THE DHULIA AND* *PUPPET THEATRE IN ASSAM* (*1997*),* * for DDK, Guwahati as *Commission Programme*.
Produced and directed a fiction *NISHANT* (6 episode) in 2003 for DDK, Guwahati as Commission Programme.
Produced and directed a Documentary *Assamese folk culture in the life of modern period* (4 episode) in 2005for DDK, Guwahati as *Commission Programme.
Many Telefilms And Serials.
Acted in many Assamese feature films including
- MOROM NADIR GABHARU GHAT*
- BAGH MANUHAR KHELA*
- RONGA MODER*
- MAYA, *
- ANTAHIN JATRA* etc and Radio plays regularly for 20years.
- * Worked with *MANI RATHNAM* in DILSE as Coordinator